Successful agtech entrepreneur Phil Sondhu kicked off our first meetup for 2017 and he blew the audience away with his insights into successes and failures. Phil exited FarmBuy in 2015 and is now developing Bridge app. It was a full house at SproutX HQ but If you missed out, we have you covered.
Here’s 5 popular takeaways from the night.
See you at the next meetup soon!
- Know your customer inside out and back to front: Learn about their pain points, motives, lifestyle, even what they eat for breakfast! Know them better than you know yourself!
- Start lean: You don’t need much monetary investment to generate revenue and get runs on the board.
- Mentors and business experts: Don’t underestimate the importance of mentors and business advisors throughout your startup's growth. Fresh, outside the square and experienced insights are crucial.
- Failures are the best launchpad: Your best learnings come from failures. Chin up, digest the insights and power onwards and upwards! Phil’s first startup didn’t work out but the struggle and fight was his biggest learning curve.
- Find the right fit for your team: Partner with people who have the skills to complement your team, but above all you need to get along with them very well, they need to be a cultural fit.